vendredi 13 novembre 2009

19 weeks of learning French

19 weeks. Done 3 weeks/lessons at my French evening classes. I think I'm improving (albeit slowly, I think I've sort of plateaued). I think my reading and writing and listening are all getting better but I definitely need to practise speaking more because although I can say what I want to say, I can't do it without pausing between every word or every 2-3 words! So the sentences become very disjointed.

I've booked myself in for a placement test at the Alliance Française for next week. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. The building is really gorgeous. It was only completed in October and the grand opening was in November so it is quite literally brand new. It is all modern, white, glass, marble, with a curved staircase. It looks much smaller in real life (compared to the pictures on the website) but it's a great place to study. I didn't hear a single person speaking English (apart from myself - haha!) The library has lots of cool books and DVDs which you can borrow... if all goes according to plan, I'm hoping to study there at the beginning of next year.


So far I have:
  • Done up to the end of Coffee Break French - Lesson 51 (of 69 lessons)
  • Done up to the end of Assimil - Lesson 88 (of 113 lessons)
  • Done up to the end of Live Mocha - Lesson 26 (of 50 lessons) (none this week)
  • Done up to the end of French in Action - Lesson 18 (of 52 lessons) (none this week)
  • Done up to the end of FSI - Lesson 56 (tape 8.5) (of 189 lessons)
  • Done up to the end of FSI French Phonology - Lesson 3 (tape 2.1) (of 20 lessons) (none this week)

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts with Thumbnails