I came across this interesting interactive website called HSBC Expat Explorer which allows you to compare several countries for quality of life as an expat. Overall, as you can see by the graphic above, Australia ranks 5th and France ranks 17th.
- Travelling more
- Quality of accommodation
- Working environment
- Making local friends
- Local culture
- Fitting in the new culture
- Setting up utilities
- Organising healthcare
- Organising finances
- Children more rounded and
- Children having a greater circle of friends.
- Healthcare access and quality
- Enjoying local food local
- Work culture
- Cost of education to children and
- Children learning a new language.
Have a play around and compare your country's stats with France's or any 2 countries on the list. It's quite eye-opening and you may learn a thing or two, especially if you are thinking of moving abroad. :)
Article (huffingtonpost.com) in English
Article (lefigaro.fr) en français
Article (challenges.fr) en français