mercredi 1 juin 2011

Effects of technology on babies

I'm not sure what this is... a rant, a discussion, a critique, an analysis, an essay, or just my own boring opinion...

I don't mean to criticize anyone and I'm sorry if I offend anyone but this is just my own person opinion and what I would do if I had a kid (after extensive reading and 'research').

I'm surprised (and yet horrified) that so many people I know give their mobile phones or ipads or laptop computers or whatever to their babies or toddlers to play with and think it's 'cute'.  I don't think it's a great thing to do and You can Google it yourself about why.. there are hundreds, thousands of articles that say that TV (and therefore other kinds of screen-based technology) are very harmful for kids under the age of 2. Here is one of them

My father already knew this when I was as kid and always tried to restrict my sister's and my television viewing time. Of course being kids and teenagers we couldn't and wouldn't understand but now that I'm older and hopefully wiser I actually agree with him.

Meanwhile, I am also surprised by the number of people who make/allow their kids to learn anything and everything under the sun (usually some kind of sport or music or art) but never even think about foreign languages. I suppose when it's not important to the parents, it's not important for their kids.

Hmm...

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts with Thumbnails