mardi 5 juillet 2011

Le Sirop de Monin

I subscribe to this blog stylistic.fr and just read about these Monin syrups.

I need to backtrack a bit. Growing up as a kid in Australia in the 80s and 90s everyone drank Cottee's Cordials. In fact, I still remember the song from the TV commercial (below)




However, my parents only believed in giving us good quality food. Only 100% fruit juice for us. None of this 50% or 25% fruit juice rubbish or even worse, cordial. So I became very fussy and snobby about my juices and when I'd go over to friend's houses and their parents gave me Cottee's cordial I'd feel sick at the thought of the horrible artificial taste. I'd much rather drink tap water (and still think like that)!

However, in Geneva, I was introduced to Aproz sirops and as far as I can tell there isn't anything overly artificial or chemical in them. I like the pamplemousse (grapefuit) one. And in an effort to save money (as much as I love my pure fruit juice) I decided to be a syrup/cordial convert.

Now, it was with great interest that I read about this French syrup by Monin. It's so hard to find a list of all the ingredients but it doesn't seem that artificial either. How good do these flavours sound?  Basil, Chai Tea, Blood Orange, Speculoos, Icy Mint ... I really need to get my hands on some and try them for myself!

Monin English website
Monin French website

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts with Thumbnails