samedi 8 mai 2010

Paris Je T'aime - film review




Paris je t'aime (2006)

Well, what can I say? So many big name directors and actors/actresses... I'd seen bits and pieces on YouTube a few months ago but only got around to watching it recently. It's in both French and English and features 18 scenes by 18 directors in 18 different parts of Paris.

I couldn't really see the connection between the 18 scenes. To me it was more like 18 short films of approximately 5-6 minutes in length. There were some I loved and some I hated.

I loved:
"Faubourg Saint-Denis" scene with Natalie Portman and her boyfriend (directed by Tom Tykwer)
"Père-Lachaise" cemetery scene (directed by Wes Craven)

There were more that I liked too but those two were my favourites.

I hated:
"Quartier de la Madeleine" vampire scene with Elijah Wood and the vampiress (directed by Vincenzo Natali)
"Porte de Choisy" Chinese hairdressers scene (directed by Christopher Doyle)

They were both just weird and bizarre.

I'm not even sure how to review this film or what to say about it... It's a vignette of different types of relationships, mostly between lovers but between other people as well, or the relationship with oneself. I guess you could watch it from a philosophical point of view... Even if you're not interested in the subject of love or relationships it's a good movie to watch for the jaw-droppingly gorgeous scenes of Paris. Such eye candy! I was drooling the whole time :)

7/10.


Paris je t'aime trailer



--

Edited: New York, I love you has just come out. It's made in a similar style but set in New York city this time.

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts with Thumbnails