mercredi 9 février 2011

Broken English - film review


I was reading some website or blog the other day which recommended this film. I went to imdb, had a brief read, went to YouTube and watched the trailer and then I found a way to watch it...

It's the kind of movie I eat right up. I love "real life" type movies. After watching it and reading comments on imdb, someone mentioned that it reminded them of "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset" and those were my sentiments exactly too.

Parker Posey (Nora) is brilliant in this film about an early 30s New York city woman who feels that everyone is in a relationship except for her. Her mother doesn't really help either by nagging her and trying to set her up on blind dates...

After a series of bad dates where she's had enough, she meets Julien, a Frenchmen (which of course piqued my interest even more and meant I HAD to see this film!) and that's when things gets interesting. Nora is so scarred from past relationships that she is hesitant of opening up again for fear of getting hurt. However, Julien (played by Melvil Poupaud) is a breath of fresh air for her and perhaps opens her eyes to love once more. Finally she cannot help but realise her feelings for him... does she go to Paris to find him? Watch and find out!

I really liked this film because it felt so real and for me it was never boring to watch. All the actors/actresses were oustanding.

9/10


I watched it on Saturday afternoon and I believe that everything happens for a reason and there was a reason that I HAD to watch that movie at that exact time/day/moment that I did... The main character reminded me so much of myself it was scary. The timing of me watching it was very serendipitous. I know what I'm writing sounds kind of cryptic but maybe one day I'll explain further...

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts with Thumbnails